Here you can find all steps to setup the connection between Xpenditure and SageOne, how to choose the right connection settings and to export the data from Xpenditure towards SageOne.
1/ Setting up the connection
- Click on 'Integrations', under 'Settings' in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- Choose SageOne and click on the green 'Connect'-button.
- Fill in your SageOne details and press 'Sign In'.
- Follow the settings wizard. (You can edit the name of the default connection after you have saved.)
2/ Choose your settings
- Xpenditure will automatically import your 'Chart of Accounts' and place them under categories of that branch.
- Choose how you would like to export your expenses. Both expenses and invoices can be exported as ‘Journal entries’ or as ‘Purchase invoices’.
- Save your settings and do not forget to synchronise them afterwards.
3/ Link your bank account
If you have selected to export your data towards "transactions" of SageOne, you have to link your payment method in Xpenditure towards the wright SageOne bankaccount. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the 'Company Settings'.
- Click on the menu 'User' and open the user for which you want to link his payment method towards a SageOne bankaccount.
- Scroll down to the payment methods of the users detail screen.
- Click on the payment method and you will have the option to link it to the right SageOne bankaccount.
4/ Export expenses to SageOne
- Go to the Expenses overview, in the role of Finance.
- Click on the green button 'Sync to...' on top of the page.
- Fill in the end date and select a branch (if needed), before clicking on 'Sync'.
- Your expenses are being exported and you can follow the process.
5/ Tips & Tricks
When you delete categories and you sync to your accounting program, they will appear again. To prevent this, disable the unneeded categories.
Handy to know: The expense images will not be exported to SageOne but will of course always be visible in Xpenditure.