Here you can find all steps to setup the connection between Xpenditure and Freshbooks, how to choose the right connection settings and to export the data from Xpenditure towards Freshbooks.
1/ Setting up the connection
- Click on 'Integrations', under 'Settings' in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- Choose Freshbooks and click on the green 'Connect'-button.
- Fill in your Freshbooks 'Account name' and click 'Next'.
- Authorize the connection by logging in to your Freshbooks account.
2/ Choose your settings
- Choose the branch from Xpenditure (your company) that you would like to connect with Freshbooks.
- Choose if you would like your 'Clients' (in Xpenditure under custom fields) and 'Projects' (in Xpenditure under projects) to be imported in Xpenditure so you can assign expenses to them. Both of them will be available in the Mobile Application as well.
- Click on save and synchronise to make sure your settings are ready to work with.
3/ Export expenses to Freshbooks
- Go to the Expenses overview, in the role of Finance.
- Click on the green button 'Sync to...' on top of the page.
- Fill in the end date and select a branch (if needed), before clicking on 'Sync'.
- Your expenses are being exported and you can follow the process.
4/ Tips & Tricks
When you delete categories and you sync to your accounting program, they will appear again. To prevent this, disable the unneeded categories.
Expenses can be exported to the expenses section in Freshbook but you can also export expenses to the transactions section in Freshbooks. To set this up, you can link your payment methods to the bank accounts in Freshbooks. This is done in the 'Company settings' under the user section.