Here you can find all steps to setup the connection between Xpenditure and FreeAgent, how to choose the right connection settings and to export the data from Xpenditure towards FreeAgent.
1/ Setting up the connection
- Click on 'Integrations', under 'Settings' in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- Choose FreeAgent and click on the green 'Connect'-button.
- Fill in your FreeAgent login details and click on 'Login'.
- Approve the connection in your FreeAgent account.
2/ Choose your settings
- Choose the branch from Xpenditure (your company) that you would like to connect with FreeAgent.
- We will import your 'Chart of accounts' to the categories in Xpenditure
- Choose if you would like your 'Projects' to be imported in Xpenditure so you can assign expenses to them. Your FreeAgent projects will appear in the 'Projects' of Xpenditure and will be available in the Mobile Application as well.
- Click on save and synchronize to make sure your settings are ready to work with.
3/ Export expenses to FreeAgent
- Go to the Expenses overview, in the role of Finance.
- Click on the green button 'Sync to...' on top of the page.
- Fill in the end date and select a branch (if needed), before clicking on 'Sync'.
- Your expenses are being exported and you can follow the process. Reimbursable expenses will be exported to the expense claim in Xpenditure. Invoices and company card expenses are exported to Purchases/Invoices. Company expenses linked to a FreeAgent bank account can be exported to a selectable Transactions-account (bank account or cash account) in FreeAgent.
4/ Tips & Tricks
When you delete categories and you sync to your accounting program, they will appear again. To prevent this, disable the unneeded categories.
We are also able to export your mileage claims in FreeAgent. These are automatically calculated by Google maps. The destinations, mileage rate and amount of miles are all exported to FreeAgent.
Make sure the mail address used in Xpenditure and the mail address used in FreeAgent are exactly the same to avoid export failure.