Here you can find all steps to setup the connection between Xpenditure and Exact Online, how to choose the right connection settings and to export the data from Xpenditure towards Exact Online.
1/ Setting up the connection
- Click on 'Integrations', under 'Settings' in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- Choose Exact Online and click on the green 'Connect'-button'.
- Choose the country of your Exact Online account.
- Fill in your login details and click on 'Login'.
2/ Choose your settings
- Choose the branch from Xpenditure (your company) that you would like to connect with Exact Online.
- We will import your 'Chart of accounts' to the categories in Xpenditure
- Choose the Company from Exact you like us to connect with.
- Choose the Journal where to you want to export your expenses. TIP: Make a separate logbook in Exact Online e.g.: 'Expenses Xpenditure' to keep a good overview of all your receipts.
- Click on save and synchronise to make sure your settings are ready to work with.
3/ Export expenses to Exact Online
- Go to the Expenses overview, in the role of Finance.
- Click on the green button 'Sync to...' on top of the page.
- Fill in the end date and select a branch (if needed), before clicking on 'Sync'.
- Your expenses are being exported and you can follow the process. You can find your expenses in your Financial entries, in the overview. They can be found in the period the expense occurred in. (Reimbursable expenses can be found under the supplier with the name of the Xpenditure user. Company expenses can be found under the supplier with the name of the merchant of the receipt/invoice.)
4/ Tips & Tricks
When you delete categories and you sync to your accounting program, they will appear again. To prevent this, disable the unneeded categories.
It is possible to use 'cost centers' and 'cost units' as well.
- Cost centers: To set this up you need to make sure the group code in Xpenditure is equal to the cost centre code in Exact Online. Cost centres are automatically linked to a user's group
- Cost units: To set this up you need to create a custom field in Xpenditure and name it 'costunit' or 'kostendragers' (for our Dutch users) with predefined values. Make sure the cost unit code within Exact Online is equal to the custom field code within Xpenditure. When creating an expense, you will be able to select the cost unit you would like to have the expense linked to.